Urology Community
yeasty smelling urine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yeasty smelling urine

My 22 month old daughter started complaining a few months ago about pain in her diaper--similar to others descriptions of their toddlers.  After a few complaints from her and a stinky odor from her diaper I brought her to her pediatrician.  The smell is yeasty (confirmed by at least two other people).  The peditrician did a urinalysis and said there was a lot there, and later the culture turned out to be determined to be contaminated (too many types of bacteria I guess).  We did a second test and got the same results but the peditrician put her on an antibiotic and she stopped complaining and I did not smell anything.  This last week the same thing is happening.  We collected urine today and got the same results.  My pediatrician says it might be somethings she is eating but there have been no changes in her diet.  Could it be anything else?  What other tests can I ask for?  The doctor said that she would not want to catheterize her unless she had overwhelming pain and persistent temperature.  Only low or no temp. . . so?  Please help.  I am worried about long term damage to her UT? Now that she can talk she says "gina hurts".