Urology Expert Forum
yellow/red crystals in urine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yellow/red crystals in urine

Good day,
I sm presently residing in the Caribbean for work reasons. Not a very good diagnostic hospital here. About 8 months ago i noticed a reddish discharge on final emptying of the bladder with some burning sensation. Urinalasys determined very high acid urine with microscopic crystals present.No other indicatins and kidney function was normal.Doctor here attributed it to Hidroclorothiaside which I was taking for blood pressure. Also on 80mg daily aspirin and 20 mg Zocor for cholesterol. Was also prescribed cipro for 1 month in case of urinary tract infection.
After a couple of weeks the crystals stopped coming. Have never taken hydroclorothiazide again. Occasionally the crystals return, as they have again now for about a week. Caught on toilet tissue at the end of urination they look like a fine yellow/orange powder.If let flow into toilet they look red.
Sizeable amount with some burning sensation, daily or every other day, at the end of the urine flow.Looked at them under a toy microscope and could possibly be amorphous crystals.Very fine and cranular to the touch, texture like equal finer than sugar.Could you please elucidate me a little on these symptoms as I will not be in the US till June.
Thank you