1247?1344282846
Uterine Fibroids User Group
UAE for Fibroids...questions
About This Group:

About half of all women will have uterine fibroids at some point. Some research says that as high as 80% of women will have at least one fibroid by the time they are age 50. Most of these fibroids will not be symptomatic. About 300,000 hysterectomies are performed each year in the U.S. due to fibroids that are causing problems. This group is a place to ask questions, talk about treatment options, offer advice and BTDT's (been there done that), and generally have a safe place to discuss uterine fibroids. Some women really need treatment, some really don't, and appropriately getting or avoiding treatment usually comes down to knowledge.

Founded by SunshineSet on August 6, 2012
10 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

UAE for Fibroids...questions

Hi All,

Have you had a treatment for uterine fibroids called UAE (uterine arterial embolization)?  My fibroids have gotten really big (doctor says my fibroid uterus like 15 weeks pregnant size), and I have a lot of pain and discomfort from them.

I'm 48, and have no interest in getting pregnant again.  However, I would rather avoid a hysterectomy.  I have an appointment to get a UAE on August 16th.  But I'd really like to hear from other women who have done this procedure before!

There didn't seem to be any group or forum for fibroids, so I started this one.

Best,
Sunshine
Recent Activity
Blank
Lifecoachgal joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 13
Blank
enlitenurmind joined this group
Welcome them!
May 29
4520565_tn?1383871128