VERTIGO User Group
Dizziness when waking up from sleeping position
About This Group:

VERTIGO can cause a variety of symptoms.......Vertigo is a treatable condition without the use of drugs. I am not a physician. I speak only from experience. Some symptoms are: dizzy, vomiting, tiredness, weakness, poor cognition and more. After ruling out other serious conditions, see an ENT specialist. He/she can diagnose Vertigo in seconds..........He/she can treat Vertigo in minutes with one maneuver called Epley. There are other maneuvers......this worked for me. Experiencing Vertigo is scary and debilitating. What better than a cure with no pills and only takes minutes?

Founded by suzieme on September 28, 2009
41 members

Hi all,

My symptoms basically started one morning in the wee hours like 4 a.m when I was in bed and whatever was in my sight(like my room), started 'spinning' on its own accord without interference on my part. It was automatic. It went on for about 10 seconds or so before the 'spinning' went away on its own. Few minutes later, I threw up undigested food which I consumed few days earlier.

Then I went to the hospital and the doc said I was dehydrated and put me on an I.V drip(4 bags of sodium chloride if I remember correctly) and I was given some medicine for my nausea/dizziness, oral rehydration salts and anarex for pain relief if I'm not wrong.

Now it's been a few days already and though I haven't experienced the 'spinning' vertigo since then, I still experience dizziness in bed whenever I turn my head to the left in a lying-down position. This situation I try to avoid by turning my head to the right. I wake up feeling nauseous each time I get out of bed.

Any advice? Help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Tags: vertigo
MaartenKemp joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 21
SamanthaSamson joined this group
Welcome them!
May 01
Josierose5 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 28