VERTIGO User Group
Help for Unusual Vertigo-Any Had This Problem?
About This Group:

VERTIGO can cause a variety of symptoms.......Vertigo is a treatable condition without the use of drugs. I am not a physician. I speak only from experience. Some symptoms are: dizzy, vomiting, tiredness, weakness, poor cognition and more. After ruling out other serious conditions, see an ENT specialist. He/she can diagnose Vertigo in seconds..........He/she can treat Vertigo in minutes with one maneuver called Epley. There are other maneuvers......this worked for me. Experiencing Vertigo is scary and debilitating. What better than a cure with no pills and only takes minutes?

Founded by suzieme on September 28, 2009
46 members

I am a 33 year old female that has been having balance/vision issues for approximately 6 years that has turned my life upside down.  I am desperately seeking any kind of help to find a cure for my problem.
Symptoms:  One day while driving on the freeway from Columbus to Cleveland, Ohio I began experiencing very disturbing visual problems.  While driving up a small hill I began noticing that it looked as if the pitch of the hill was getting steeper and steeper to where it almost looked like I was driving at a 45-60 degree angle.  Of course I became very anxious and had to pull off the road.  The weird thing is this has been with me ever since.  I also experience this issue while driving or looking at a flat stretch of road.  Somehow my brain/ears/eyes are not able to tell where the horizon (flat ground) really lies.  Everything looks as if I'm going/walking up a steeply pitched hill even when I'm driving on flat land.  I did some research online and the only information I could find that was even closely related was in regards to an issue pilots tend to have with spatial disorientation.
I did some research and found Ohio State University's Balance Disorder clinic.  I called them and asked to be tested and seen by the disorder specialist.  Results:  24% (25% considered abnormal) damage to my right middle ear somehow.  They said a viral infection could have damaged my ear years ago and in turn is affecting my balance.  The only problem I have with their answer is 1.) They never gave me a fix/cure for the problem 2.) I don't think their exactly sure of the real reason I have middle ear damage. 2.)  They are baffled by my symptoms and do not know how to treat it.
If any specialist or doctor is out their I am desperately seeking your expertise and help with this horrible problem.  I can no longer drive on most roads.  Going over bridges or hills is virtually impossible for me now.  Usually when driving at night I have to take an anti-anxiety medicine just to stay calm enough to get around some parts of town. I've also been experiencing increased vertigo with the above symptoms.
Some people have told me that it's all in my mind, but fortunately the balance/eye/ear tests proved them wrong.  I'm just begging for someone to help me fix my illness.
Thank you in advance :-)
Update:  Had same tests last week and my right ear is now 33% weaker than my left.  I'm wondering why this is progressing?  It does explain why the increase in severity of my symptoms though.
Dbzc2 Hep c free sep 27th post S&... Comment
Oct 05
envirowhitewatergirl joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 04
Dbzc2 commented on hepcandme's status
Oct 04