Vertgio for 5 months
I am a 34-year-old female.  In November I had an attack of vertigo.  1 week before the vertigo started I had a terrible sinus infection with even fever blisters all over my mouth.  When the sinus infection first started I couldnt hear well but I was on vacation in the mountains and thought that could be making the ear fullness worse.  Since the attack of vertigo in November it has never really gone away.  I have it everyday to some extend some days being worse than others.  Ive seen my family doctor and he thinks it is just vertigo starting from my sinuses and has referred me to an ENT that I will see on April 30th.  I haven't had an MRI or CT scan recently.  I had an MRI and CT and CTA of my brain last year due to some other problems but it has been a year since anyone has scanned my brain.  Of course that is what Im worried about.  Im concerned its not just regular vertigo.  My doctor thinks its my sinuses because on all those scans last year I had sinusitis and retention cysts in the sinus cavity.  My question is if I had something going on like a tumor in my brain in 5 months time wouldnt I be showing other neurological problems??
I just signed up for this forum tonight- out of frustration, at my vertigo symptoms and of the doctors who say "it's benign positional vertigo." Not so benign if you have it- dull headaches, dizziness, walking irregularly, never feeling 100%, and a sort of constant stuffiness in ny ears. Age doesn't seem to matter- I'm 65 and it came on the weekend after Thanksgiving, 2012. I'm  having more tests done at ENT but, like you stated, worried it could be something they are missing.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
DLNK joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 20
camper56 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 30
camper56 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 29