Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
Estrace Cream long term

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

Estrace Cream long term
Had hysterectomy -tubes & ovaries, bladder sling as well. Have been using Estrace Cream 1 gram 2x week for 12 weeks. Now am using 1x week.  At follow up was told I could use this forever.  After reading up on Estrace cream I am concerned about the side effects & dangers.  Is this safe for me to do?  I am 67 yrs old was told I do not need to see my obgyn  Dr. again for a couple of years.
Vaginal estrogen in low doses such as you describe is safe.  You will not increase your risk by using this once or twice a week.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD