Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
Pro lift question

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

Pro lift question

I had a complete Prolift procedure 4 years ago.  Initially, my urinary leakage improved, prolapses gone, yay!  I did have another procedure to tweak the leakage thing.  All seemed good until about a year ago.  I have pelvic pressure and urinary urgency, resulting in incontinence if I wait too long.  6 months ago I had a robotic hysterectomy for endometrial hyperplasia and polyps.  Are my symptoms related to the Prolift?  Could the hysterectomy have caused the mesh to fail?
From your description you are experiencing urgency and not stress incontinence.  This would not be related to the Prolift from 4 years ago as long as everything still looks well healed and you have no symptoms of bladder issues, (microscopic blood in the urine, chronic urinary tract infections).  Urgency incontinence is quite common and develop as patients age.  Treatment of Urgency incontinence consist of ruling out underlining  causes, avoiding known bladder irritants in your diet, vaginal estrogen, and medications.  

It is possible that the hysterectomy may have caused some failure of the pro lift.  This would have to be determined by examination.  I would suggest you see your doctor or a urogynecologist familiar with prolift of evaluation. Thank you for your question. J. Kyle Mathews, MD