Rectocele symptom querry
18 months ago I had a resection rectopexy op for a bowel intussusception and a vaginal hysterectomy for a uterine prolapse.  One of the symptoms that  as have continued in relation to my bowel is that as the day progresses my bowel movements get flatter and flatter and are progressively more difficult to pass.   Is this a symptom of a rectocele or is it possible that there is another problem in addition to the rectocele.

A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.
It is difficult to say what is causing your complaint.  It is possible that there could be something pressing on the rectum causing the flattening of your bowel movements.  I would suggest you contact your colorectal surgeon for evaluation.  They should be able to evaluate your repair and see what is going on.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.