Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
Skin problems?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin problems?

Has anyone had skin problems after transvaginal mesh surgery? I have had extremely unhealthy-looking and dry skin as well as small sores on my legs that dont heal, and other skin anomalies that my dermatologist has called 'grannuloma annulare" ; "rosacea" (rosacea weeps?); and patches of rough, dry and sensitive skin on and around my elbows.  I also had general malaise, fatigue and depression.  I had surgery to remove the mesh and almost immediately felt relief from these symptoms.  Has any one else had "autoimmune" symptoms after transvaginal mesh surgery that subsided with removal?
1344197_tn?1392822771
Sorry to read of your problem.  There have been no scientifically confirmed reports of "autoimmune" reactions to polypropolene mesh.  A number of attorney have tried to create and issue much like they did for silicone and the breast implant issue years ago.  Later this was proven to be pseudo science and completely discredited.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity