Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
best solution

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

best solution

I had a vaginal mesh repair for both a cystocele, rectocele prolapse about 6 years ago. I have serious complications with erosion of the mesh, infection and developed a rectovaginal fistula. The fistula was repaired but I have had problems with incontinence. Recently I have been expereincing pelvic pain and pressure and my family Dr confirmed both cystocele and rectocele prolapse. Additionally I have external hemroids and fissures that she referred me to a surgeon to remove. I fear the hemroids and fiSsures are a sign that the fistula is reopened and\or any surgery to repair will cause this to happen again. I have pain, severe itching and bleeding and have tried every over the counter remedy to treat hemroids for the past 5 months.
Sorry to read of your problem.  One of the more common causes of hemorrhoids is dehydration.  Most people are chronically dehydrated and correction often improves symptoms greatly.  In addition, itching is most often associated with caffeine intake. I would suggest you significantly increase your water and avoid caffeine and see if your symptoms improve. Regarding your cystocele and rectocele, I would suggest you seek a second opinion for a urgogynecologist that is familiar with mesh complications for evaluation.  He or she should be able to give you some guidance.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD