bladder mesh eroded into ureter
Had my bladder mesh eroded into my ureter. Complicated surgery to removed mesh embedded into ureter and totl reconstruction of ureter. Still have to have another surgery to correct incontinence. I'm trying to find out if my sling has been recalled . The name is gynecare. How do I find out if it is recalled, The FDA website has been of no help.
I assume you mean the sling has eroded into your Urethra. This would be a rare complication and you should be seeing someone that is experienced in dealing with problems such as this.  Either a Urogynecologist or Urologist.  Regarding recalls, you can check MAUDE site for information.  http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/Search.cfm

J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.