Vaginal Rejuvenation & Surgery Expert Forum
Bartholin Cysts
About This Forum:

Vaginal Rejuvenation is surgery to tighten the inside of the vaginal canal, the opening of the vagina and supporting structures to improve sensation and sexual function. This forum is for questions that pertain to the following topics, Labia Surgery, Labiaplasty, Excess Clitoral Hood Reduction, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginal Tightening, Perineoplasty and Hymen Restoration.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bartholin Cysts

Hey. I believe I have a Bartholin (?) cyst on my labia. It swells if it's touched and it's gotten very sore, almost to the point where I can't sleep or sit if I shift into a position that disturbs it. I'm only 16 and I'm too embarrassed to ask my mother to take me to a gyno, though I'd like to, just to be sure of my research/conslusion. I'm not sexually active, I am a virgin, so I'm positive it's not an STD. It could be an infection, but I'm not a doctor, so I'm not sure. If there are any home method/remedies to take care of this problem (without popping? I have a low pain threshold, and I imagine it would hurt a lot) I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
1344197_tn?1392822771
You will need to be seen by a doctor for evaluation.  Bartholin cyst are not infected and generally are not painful.  Bartholin abscesses are infected and are usually very painful.  A bartholin cyst may become an abscess so it is best to see a doctor.  
3 Comments
Blank
Go to Walmart and buy a box of Epsom salt (its by the pharmacy). Pour a bunch in a warm tub and sit for twenty minutes or so, probably three or four days in a row. If its just a simple cyst like that it should drain on its own from the baths
Blank
Hi..lastday i found a lump leftside of my vigina (vagina) size like raisins its under d skin and it hurts a bit when i press it..and the outer layer of the skin it looks a bit redish..im confused now...what is this could posibly cist?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now