Vaginal Rejuvenation & Surgery Expert Forum
Labia minora

Vaginal Rejuvenation is surgery to tighten the inside of the vaginal canal, the opening of the vagina and supporting structures to improve sensation and sexual function. This forum is for questions that pertain to the following topics, Labia Surgery, Labiaplasty, Excess Clitoral Hood Reduction, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginal Tightening, Perineoplasty and Hymen Restoration.

Labia minora

I am 13. For about 3 years or so ive noticed the lips of my vagina have been growing. Theyer like an inch and a half long and ive grown to be self consious. Im not sexually active what so ever. But this causes me to itch and have a discharge thats white milky color. It now has caused and odor that i dont like. Ive tried telling my mom once when i got out of the shower. But she just said that theyed probably have to cut some of it off, and went on and forgot about it. Im scared to tell her again because they have grown sence then... Im so lost and self consious ... I have searched this and it seems many people have this .... But i feel like the only one... I feel different from my friends and other people.. I want the courage to tell my mom.. Cause i dont want this happening any more.. But the problem is i have a very open family of 6 and my mom has a big mouth... If i ever told her i would want this to be between me and her , but i know she would tell my sisters who tell me something about it, and then it would catch on to my brother who is in a grade higher than me and likes tellin my secrets and embarrasing me... I dont come from a family of alot of money and i am currently on well fair , and im afriad any treatment i want done for this problem wont be coverd ... Please help i dont know what to do..
1 Comment
There is nothing wrong with your vagina, you have reached puberty and you are just changing.  That is what happens.  All of this is normal.  There is no reason to be self conscious.  As for the discharge, it is most likely a yeast infection which could be due to your changing hormones and can be worse around the time of your period.  It is something that you should be initially examined by your doctor for to make sure it isn't anything else.  Assuming you have never had sex and it is not a STD, you could try purchasing some over the counter cream like Monistat or the generic store brand if you are too nervous about seeing a doctor as you would need to have a pelvic exam to confirm it.  If the creme helps, then it is most likely a yeast infection.  You can find this in the same aisle as the pads/tampons.  You will have to insert the cream into your vagina.  It is best applied at night before bed.  You lay down with your knees bent and insert the applicator into the vagina about 2-3 inches and push the creme inside.  The creme will kill the yeast and the itching and discharge should go away.  Try the 3 day treatment first.  I recommend the creme as opposed to the suppository style.  I think it works better.  Try staying away from too much sugar and carbohydrates as that will most likely cause the yeast to become worse.  And make sure to wear cotton underwear and dry your vagina very well after bathing.  I hope this helps!  And if it does not, see your doctor!