labia reconstruction after vulvectomy
I have had 2 partial vulvectomies (1992 and 2005) due to varicose veins on my vulva. The veins were very painful but the recovery from the surgery was almost unbearable!  Now I am dealing with other problems due to this. Not only do I have physical discomfort from the lack of 'padding' down there when wearing certain clothing and during sex but I also have taken quite a hit to my self confidence. The second surgery not only removed what was left of my labia majora on the one side but it basically mutilated my labia minora leaving it with a shredded appearance. I feel like a monster and I just want to be feminine again.
Every plastic surgeon I've researched for labiaplasty seems to just be doing minor cosmetic repairs not reconstructing the whole labia. Are there surgeons that perform this type of surgery?
Thanks!
Sorry to read of your problem.  I would suggest you contact a plastic surgeon that does gender reassignment.  They often deal with very complicated surgeries as you might imagine.  If you are looking for a doctor that does a lot of surgical repair for patients that have had problems from labiaplasty, I would suggest you contact Dr. Red Alinsod at South Coast Urogynecology in Laguna CA.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD