Bruising
I had a mild heart attack 2 years ago.  After I started taking the prescribed meds and going through the procedures I developed reddish/brown patches in my armpits and in the bends of my elbows.  I can't really get a straight answer on why they appeared.  I had a blood test last year and actually watched the bruise form and it took almost 9 months for it to subside.  The one on the other arm never goes away but doesn't grow.  It is darker at times and lighter at times.  I am not even sure if they are related.  Has anyone had this happen or is it something I need to get real attention for.
I am assuming that youwere put on either daily aspirin or Plavix after yourheart attack. These agents poison the platelets that plug leaking blood vessels and cause easy bruising. The bruise is merely blood that has leaked out of your vascular system. The body is fairly goo at reasorbing the protein from the lost red blood cells but not so good at cleaning up the residual iron that was in the hemaglobin. This creates the equivalent of a rust stain in the tissues. Technically it's called hemosiderin. Areas that have frequent albeit mild trauma are paricularly prne to this process.