Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Can anything be done about Deep Vein Venous insufficiency?

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

So today I went to the GP about the swelling in my legs, feet and blood pooling.  He DX'ed me with Deep Vein Venous.  
I was wondering if there was any treatment other than walking and wearing the stockings?  Any alternative treatments that work?

Thanks.

Sue
I'm more curious as to how the diagnosis was made. Was there a duplex doppler exam or phlethysmography performed? Was is yoour history that could explain this? If this is accurate, about the only form of management is compression to counter-balance the back pressure.
No, he examined my legs.  took a pulse reading and said it was DVI.  After reading I was wondering if this was a correct diagnoses.  I have swelling in both feet and legs...tingling sensation and the bottom of my feet feel extremely weird, almost like a hardening sensation. oh and if I stand to long or sit a certain way both feet will turn blue or purple.
I did purchase some compression socks and they do seem to help.
I am being tested for MS but the neuro said the swelling was something else and not related.
thanks

Sue
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to with the term "deep vein venous" but I would think they are talking about deep vein insufficiency which would be unusual without a history of prior deep vein thrombosis. A Doppler duplex exam would address this and also demonstrate superficial venous reflux which would be a more likely diagnosis. The other test that would demonstrate deep insufficiency is phlethysmography. One cannot just look at a leg and check a pulse for these diagnoses.
Thank you for your reply.  I will definitely follow up on this.  

sue