Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Do I need to go to hospital?

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Do I need to go to hospital?

Finally had scan on varicose veins on right leg last week after escalating pain- its a groin one.
Last night and now tonight have been the worse it's been, from the bottom of my foot right to top of leg, I have calf elevated and slightly compressed, I don't have stocking.
Now my pains are continuing up my body on same side as leg... Should I be worried?
I also feel an occasional wave of  buzzyness through my body. And not sure if I'm having small chest pains or panic attacks! I've heard groin varicose can break off and travel to lung.... Wish google didn't exist sometimes!
Varicose veins don't typically cause any discomfort in the groin. The pain is from pressure in te vessel and usually the failure is at the groin. The pressure in the resulting varicosities is not high enough to cause pain above the knees. I am not clear what you are telling me tough. By "scan on varicose veins" I assume you mean a doppler duplex ultrasound exam. This should have ruled out any lot in either a varicosity or a deep vein. I am also not clear on what you are referring to regarding groin varicosities breaking off and traveling to the lung. If there is clot in the deep vein it can move to the lung and cause a pulmonary embolus but this would not be typical of clot in a varicosity. An addition, the study that I think you had would have ruled out the deep vein thrombosis. If a deep venous thrombosis had been seen you would have been immediately started on anticoagulants. You clearly are in need of further medical evaluation. If it isn't vein related it may be neurologic or maybe you are right about the panic attack.