Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Enlarged Vein in the Groin

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Enlarged Vein in the Groin

Hello, I´m a 22 years old male and about one and a half months ago i've noticed an enlarged greenish vein in my right groin. It's located vertically, right where the genital area meets the inner thigh. I think this vein comes from somewhere in the abdomen and goes to somewhere near the anal region or the base of the scrotum although i can´t really see from where it's coming or where it's going since the enlarged portion is less than 2 inches in lenght. Sometimes it seems to get better and is almost unnoticeable, it´s usually larger in the morning and smaller in the evening. I don't know if it has always being this way, but i don't think it has and i can't notice it on the left side. I don't feel any kind of pain or discomfort in the region but i'm worried that it might be a blood clot. Also at about the same time i noticed this vein, a lesion appeared next to it, like the skin was broken, but it has already fully healed.
I would like to know what it could be and whether it's dangerous and whether there is something i can do about it. Thank you.
Tags: enlarged vein groin
It is normal to have veins crossing the inguinal crease. The fact that it changes means that it is not clotted. You should not need to worry about it.