Varicose Veins Expert Forum
How to prevent to get them worse?

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

How to prevent to get them worse?

I have varicose veins since I was 25 (now 33)... I have no kids, but in the unlikely situation that I  decide toget pregnant in the future, are these going to get worse? How can i prevent them to get worse?

I have done eschlerotherapy on some veins which were popping out, very successful... not so successful with those which are spider type or not popping out.
Thanks!
The thing to remember is that the valves that fail to cause the dilated veins are doing so because of gravity. They were put there to support the column of blood and prevent reflux of higher pressure blood from the deep system to the superficial veins. By compressing the superficial system (support hose), the damage to the superficial veins can be prevented or at least minimized.

As for pregnancy, yes. 80 % of pregnant women will develop evidence of vein disease. The good news is that the majority will see significant resolution post partum when the hormones resulting in vein dilaton subside and blood volume decreases.