Varicose Veins Expert Forum
I'm 18 an have vericose veins

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

I'm 18 an have vericose veins

I am 18 years old an my veins pop out every where legs face arms breasts etc it looks gross is there something wrong with me??
Visible veins and varicose veins are not synonymous. Some people have a more translucent skin where even the normal veins are visible. Varicose veins are not found outside of the legs unless there has been some blockage that backs up the blood. In the legs, valves that are designed to only allow blood to flow towards the heart go bad and let blood rush towards the feet in the superficial veins. This increases the pressure and causes them to ilate and become tortuous. The increased pressure also causes fluid to flood out of the capillaries resulting in swelling.