Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Is Trental drug effective for varicoise?

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

No. Trental improves the ability of red blood cells to get through tiny vessels. It does nothing to help back pressure into veins where the problem is failed valves which allow the flow of blood backwards into dilated veins. Compression helps. Various extracts of horse chesnut have been shown to decrease capillary permeability and lessen the swelling associated with venous stasis disease.
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for your immediate reply. Is their any drug aside from horse chestnut?
None that I know of. Support hose is the mainstay of conservative therapy.
Thank you Dr. Watters. Such a great help..
I had serious varicose veins, mainly running down my ankles to my feet. There was a purplish sack of blood hanging from both of my inner ankles. The skin was beginning to flake and I was apprehensive about developing ulcers. The problem runs in my family. A brother solved the problem with support hose and one of my sisters had vein ligations. My condition was the worst.

About two years from when my veins were at their most unsightly the varicosities completely disappeared. There was no apparent reason for this. What change had I made in my life that would bring about this odd cure? It took a while to work this out.

We always keep two gallon jugs of filtered water in the refrigerator. Two years previously I had decided to add one tablespoon of trace minerals to each jug plus 16 drops of BioSil (a bioavailable form of silicon), so as not to be bothered with pills. So every time I drank water I got all these minerals. After about six months I noticed that the large liver spot on my nose was gone. I could not account for it. After that the calluses on my feet started to soften and the gray cracked heels of my feet started to heal. Then came the varicose veins cure. I have to assume it was because of my treated water. I suspect the cure was due mostly to BioSil, but I recommend to everyone that they use the trace minerals as well since they probably play a part.

I have since looked up BioSil on the internet. I found that it creates collagen and strengthens blood vessels. I don't know if there are any trials using it for varicose veins, but it is my impression that few would have the patience for a cure that took so long. I don't mind. The cure is permanent and noninvasive.