Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Is it ok to ignore them?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is it ok to ignore them?

Hi, I'm a 20 year old male, a little underweight with somewhat pale skin.  I've been slowly noticing veins bulging for the past year now.  It started with my hands and forearms, then feet and calfs.
They seem most prominent on the left side.  I have on vein that will run all the way down my inner-left calf, around the ankle onto the foot I just started noticing a month or so ago.  My right side I can't see as well, but can easily feel it.
Mornings, nights and in warm weather they appear the most when not elavated.  There's no pain unless it's really bad, but only feels like a little tightness. No swelling or abnormal color in limbs.

I drink plenty of water which is the only thing I drink.  I have anxiety, but don't feel my breathing is shallow.  I don't exercise much at all however.  Everyone I've asked (not doctors) have said it's normal for skinny people.
2827584_tn?1340583296
It sounds like you are describing a visible vein rather than an abnormal one. The indications to intervene are either for complications such as ulceration, bleeding or phlebitis or for intractable symptoms such as swelling or pain, none of which you mention. As such, it is unlikely that any intervention is indicated.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity