Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Is varicocelectomy the solution

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Is varicocelectomy the solution

Dear Doctor

I have recently been diagnosed of mild varicocele on the right side. Now i am yet to go for a serem test which has been prescribed by the doctor i visited. I have a one year old boy and was not planning for a baby for another one to one and a half year. I wanted to ask if i should immediately plan for another child in any case. If my serem result are fine , is there still a chance of having bad serem count in coming times due to the current mild varicocile. And if serem tests are not fine , can i hold the varicocelectomy till a year so i get it near to when i plan a baby.

BR
I don't actually understand the semen tests. These would usually be done only in a formal infertility evaluation. In other words, if you and your partner had tried to conceive and failed. Obviously you are capable of fathering a child. The infertility rate associated with varicoceles is low, especially with a small one. Surgery is generally performed when they are symptomatic as this would be more common than low sperm count.
Thanks a lot Dear Doctor... Your response has releaved me from a lot of stress...