Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Rigid and a knot in saphenous vein

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Rigid and a knot in saphenous vein

Doctor.

For the past few days i have noticed that my right saphenous vein is very rigid after being standing up for a period of 30 min or more. Besides that i also noticed that i had a knot near the quadriceps but today i checked my leg and i think that the knot moved a little bit down. There is no inflammation or pain when touching the vein or the knot.
what could it be?
Impossible to say without seeing it. If the knot persists when lying down I would be concerned about a clot (thrombophlebitis) but the lack of pain argues against this.