Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Swelling and red spots in both legs and feet

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Hi, I am having a specific issue in my leg. My feet from around ankle to toes started swelling about 8-9 weeks back and quite painful in the area just before toes. Then some 5-6 weeks back some red spots started appearing around my ankle till calf and this are slightly hard and painful spots (around 15-20 in each leg). I have consulted a doc but he is not able to diagnose anything. In last two - three weeks the pain has increased with swelling actually worsening by the evening though slightly better in the morning. New red spots are also appearing and now in the calf region as well. Am a bit worried what is this and what is the cure...
This sounds more like vasculitis, allergic, or even insect bites than venous origin. A biopsy may be in order to diagnose.
Hi Christopher, thanks. But does insect bites impact remain for so long since its now more than 2.5 months. Also new red spots keep on appearing  while the older ones are blackening and drying. The swelling is also better in the morning but again increases in the evening...

Thanks again
The insect bites is but one possibility mentioned. You need to see your physician to sort out the possibilities.