Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Varicocele

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Varicocele

To whom it may concern,

I was diagnosed with MILD VARICOCELE & MILD HYDROCELE two weeks ago.
There is discomfort in my balls these past few days. My doctor told me that I could have surgery so that the discomfort would go away.

Everytime I do strenous activities (playing basketball, going to the mall and walking for hours) the discomfort would go back.

Is there anything more that I can do so that the discomfort would go away? Is surgery needed?

Thanks!
Make sure you have good support - an athletic supporter. If that doesn't control it sufficiently time to consider surgery.
Thank you doctor. My doctor told me that the surgery would be painless. And recovery time would be 1 week - 2 weeks. He said that there would be some discomfort during the healing process. But he would give me some good pain relievers.

My question is
1.) Would the healing/recovery phase hurt me?
2.) What are my chances of getting the varicocele again?
3.) I'm scared that the Varicocele didnt cause the discomfort, are there any more illnesses that could cause my discomfort?

thank you and godbless doctor.
There are very few procedures that involve an incision that are painless but generally the discomfort is fairly mild for a procedure to ligate a varicocele. Recurrence rates are low. Are there any other processes that could possibly cause testicular pain - of course but the physical finding is certainly the most likely. I don't know if it matters to you but the varicocele results in decreased fertility until taken care of due to it's effect of increasing the temperature of the testicle.
Thank you doctor. I'm only 21 years old and I don't want to be infertile. I'll ask my doctor ASAP for the surgery so that this discomfort and *would be infertility may be put to rest. Thanks a lot doctor.
Doctor, I just have one question left. I've been observing my mild bilateral varicocele since I posted here. I've been playing basketball with my friends and walk for hours these past few days and it seems that I dont feel any discomfort now at all. Is it possible that my varicocele went away? Or did my body just get used to the discomfort? Thank you and God bless!
They don't go away on their own.
doctor, what could this be? I'm scared that the ultrasound might see that I had a varicocele but what if there is something else that couldve caused the discomfort?

The symptoms that I had was only the discomfort, i did not have any fever or anything. I have inborn tonsilitis but I think it isnt related to the varicocele.

I do not have any pain when urinating but sometimes there would be some discomfort on my groin and legs. What could these be?