Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Varicose Veins in Pelvis

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Varicose Veins in Pelvis

I was diagnosed with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome (varicose veins in my pelvis) in april of this year after having exploratory surgery. My obgyn put me on medoxyprogesterone 30mg every day for 3 months and then to stop for a week to get a period and repeat. I just finished the first 3 months 1 week ago and my pain has not decreased at all and I haven't gotten my period yet. 2 questions: should i wait to get a period and they begin taking the pills again (when should I expect my period to come?) AND should i even continue with the medication since it's not helping?? I have an appointment with a new specialist a urogynocologist in a few weeks in hopes of looking at the embolization procedure. thanks!
Fro a significant case the embolizatn procedure is generally required. If the three month trial has had no effect it is unlikely to be the answer but I would stick to the plan and go back on it after the week off until you can be evaluated by the urogynecologist.