Varicose Veins in Pelvis
I was diagnosed with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome (varicose veins in my pelvis) in april of this year after having exploratory surgery. My obgyn put me on medoxyprogesterone 30mg every day for 3 months and then to stop for a week to get a period and repeat. I just finished the first 3 months 1 week ago and my pain has not decreased at all and I haven't gotten my period yet. 2 questions: should i wait to get a period and they begin taking the pills again (when should I expect my period to come?) AND should i even continue with the medication since it's not helping?? I have an appointment with a new specialist a urogynocologist in a few weeks in hopes of looking at the embolization procedure. thanks!
Fro a significant case the embolizatn procedure is generally required. If the three month trial has had no effect it is unlikely to be the answer but I would stick to the plan and go back on it after the week off until you can be evaluated by the urogynecologist.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.