Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Varicose veins

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Varicose veins
I have varicose veins but I don't want surgery. Are there any medicines that my doctor could prescribe to treat my varicose veins?
Varicose veins usually result from failures in valves in veins connecting the superficial veins to the deep system in your legs. This is a mechanical problem. No medicine can restore this function. Horse chestnut extracts have been studied and appear to decrease the swelling due to venous insufficiency but the appearance is unchanged.
Varicose veins are veins that have become enlarged and tortuous. The term commonly refers to the veins on the leg, although varicose veins can occur elsewhere.