Varicose Veins Expert Forum
veins due to contraceptive pills?

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

veins due to contraceptive pills?
it's been 4 weeks since I started using contraceptive pills (althea). then I noticed that veins in my legs started to show up. Is it because of the pill? what are the possible remedies? thanks .
Although there are clearly hormonal effects (largely progesterone) on leg veins, a change over four weeks seems odd. Progesterone is responsible for uterine relaxation during pregnancy and is thought to also affect leg veins in a similar fashion.