706?1280258259
Vitamin B6 Toxicity User Group
Things that Help
About This Group:

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that can result in nerve damage when too much is taken in the form of supplements. B6 is found naturally in most grains such as flax and wheat. Many vitamin supplements and diet pills also contain more than the daily requirements of vitamin B6. B6 toxicity, also known as B6 overdose, is rare and most doctors are unfamiliar with it. It's becoming more common as manufacturers are adding B6 supplements to many vitamins and fortifying cereals. Symptoms commonly include a feeling of pins and needles, like nails being driven into you, generally in your hands and feet or anywhere else in your body where you've sustained nerve damage in the past. However, instead of pain, symptoms may include numbness. Either is refered to as neuropathy. Anytime you eat foods with certain forms of vitamin B in them (B1, B3, B6), your symptoms worsen for many hours. B6 toxicity is usually reversible by avoiding foods with vitamin B in them for 6 months to 3 years.

Founded by Meganamy on July 27, 2010
49 members

Things that Help

Healing from B6 toxicity is very slow and frustrating.

Please, list things that have lessened your pain.
• Compression and tight clothes
• Not eating. Just drinking water.
• Taking Digestive Enzymes with each meal - Nature’s Plus Complete Digestive Aid Digestive Enzyme. Malt Diastase seems to be the ingredient which helps because I've tried most of the other ingredients alone and they didn't make a difference.
• Time. Waiting for my nerves to get better.
Medications which help, but I've stopped taking them because they make me drowsy and I can't drive:
• Lyrica
• Gabapentin
What  has been recommended to me as far as healing goes is taking acetyl L carnitine with alpha lipoic acid, Fish OIl Omega 3 with DHA and methyl B12 (sublingual form).
I am conflicted about avoiding foods with B6 since almost everything has a little B6 and for some it doesn't make a difference. For me, I can't tell really.
This is a tricky question, because frankly, I am not sure.

It has been just terrible, and now frustrating, as it continues on and on.
THOUGH IT IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...
I take Magnesium, Calcium, CoQ10, Fish Oil, Vit C, B12 (not consistently) and now maybe more often D3.  
I live in a place where it will be dark longer, and a bit wet!

For the pain, I took St. John's Wort & Depon (paracetomal) if needed.
If I just needed to sleep, I would take a Children's Benadryl to knock me out.  
I also used very briefly KAVA (have to be careful w/ this) and Bach's Flower Remedies.

The most helpful to me has been believe it or not, hot water bottles.
I have at least one warm one with me every night.
I get up re-warm it.
I keeps the chill away, and it seems to relax the nerves.
Warm bath's with Epson Salts.
Sauna.
Warmth helps me.
Food - I eat everything.  It never made a difference with me, that I noticed.  I suffered no matter what!  I do stay away from junk or poorly prepared typed foods.  I did have potato chips and got sick as a dog!  In 10 chips there is mega doses of b6!  I do indulge in chocolate, and ice cream, etc.  

Megan had mentioned about weight loss.  Megan I am thin, & I still suffer....

Jen
TimHa joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 05
chris677 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 03
Joshann joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 02