Underlying causes of B6 toxicity
I have been reading the posts on Vitamin b6 toxicity. I started having the pins and needles 6 months ago. My neurologist did a B6 test and my B^ level was 1400. I take no vitamins with b6 in them only Calcium and B3. I checked to make sure there was no B6. Since then it has fluxuated with the lowest being 285. I had a blood test last week and it is back up to 1000. Do you have any ideas of what to do next. My neurologist suggested that maybe I should see a endrocronologist. .
Sounds like you're still taking something that has B6 hidden in it. First, I'd list everything that you're taking regularly. Some foods like cereals are "enriched" with B6 but I still don't think they'd have that effect by themselves. Are you taking other pills? I've found that even Vitamin C pills have things in them which exacerbate my symptoms. It's probably not the Vitamin C, it's the filler, the white starchy powder that holds them together, that bothers me. Cold medicines bother me but they don't list B6. Power drinks, other prescription medications. Something has B6 hidden in it and it's still getting into your system somehow.

I've found that B6 toxicity is so little known that a lot of doctors and pharmacists just say "No, that pill shouldn't bother you." Well, it might. Anti-depressants, I've been told, are high in vitamin B and can cause this, for example. You have to really be your own best advocate. I've seen so many doctors who just had no idea how to help and I've had to list what I was eating and do my own research.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Adi1616 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 16
pumpkinbomb joined this group
Welcome them!
May 17
crosby12 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 19
Related Tags