Vitamin B6 Toxocity?
Hi everyone, I have been ill for quite some time, had numerous bloods, MRI's, CT's, endoscopies, colonoscopies etc etc over the past 5 months and the only thing they uncovered were low iron levels (but high ferritin), mild iodine deficiency, borderline low free t3 & t4 thyroid levels, and a few small fatty cysts on my liver (prob caused by oral contraceptive pill) which I have been off for approximately 5 months. My symptoms have been fatigue/lethargic, weak muscles, numbing tingly hands and feet, dizziness, occasional nausea, abdominal pain/issues, high bp & low bp etc etc. I recently had my vitamins and minerals checked and all were within range except for B6 which was 558 nmol/L (range 30-110 nmol/L). I was on a b complex (50mg b6) and multivitamin on and off for alot of last year just on days I felt a bit run down. When I got really ill last October I was pretty much taking my multi b (50mg b6) and multivitamin (25mg b6) every day up until I got my b6 result a couple of weeks ago. Reading up on B6 toxicity it certainly explain alot of my symptoms (especially the neuropathy, which I had nerve conduction test for about a month ago and came up normal!). My question is, is my level considered a b6 toxicity? Has anyone had similiar levels and recovered? Is it a matter of just stopping the supplements or can I do anything else to reduce the level in my body? How long does it normally take? I haven't had any supps for 10 days now and don't feel much better neuropathy/weak muscle wise, in fact the last few days it feels worse?? Is this normal? Thanks for any info :)))
Sadly, to my knowledge, all of the answers to your questions would be a big "I don't know" by the medical community.

I stopped the B6 supplements in April 2008. I am STILL suffering. Sometimes, it gets better, but then B6 seems to be hidden in things without being on the ingredients list and it gets worse again.
oh god reaaalllyy! thats awful! did you actually get your blood tested at the time to identify the b6 toxicity or did you base it on symptoms you were getting? and how much were you actually taking? thx :)
and yes i agree....when my result came back my gp said she didn't know much about high levels, only deficiencies, and told me to go home and 'google' it LOL
Um suffering with b6 toxicity as well.Im in the process of detoxing. How have u been doing with it?
Those are crazy high B6 levels.  My level was nowhere near as high as yours, and I am still having symptoms.  On and off but more so on.  I was diagnosed with b6 toxicity based on my symptoms, how much I was taking and for how long, and my blood test which showed a high level, but not alarmingly high.  

How are you doing now?  
Get your thyroid panel checked, including thyroid antibodies. I have B6 toxicity, and I also have the MTHFR gene mutation and hashimotos thyroiditis. They are all linked.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Adi1616 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 16
pumpkinbomb joined this group
Welcome them!
May 17
crosby12 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 19
Related Tags