706?1280258259
Vitamin B6 Toxicity User Group
how to beat vitamin b6 toxicity!
About This Group:

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that can result in nerve damage when too much is taken in the form of supplements. B6 is found naturally in most grains such as flax and wheat. Many vitamin supplements and diet pills also contain more than the daily requirements of vitamin B6. B6 toxicity, also known as B6 overdose, is rare and most doctors are unfamiliar with it. It's becoming more common as manufacturers are adding B6 supplements to many vitamins and fortifying cereals. Symptoms commonly include a feeling of pins and needles, like nails being driven into you, generally in your hands and feet or anywhere else in your body where you've sustained nerve damage in the past. However, instead of pain, symptoms may include numbness. Either is refered to as neuropathy. Anytime you eat foods with certain forms of vitamin B in them (B1, B3, B6), your symptoms worsen for many hours. B6 toxicity is usually reversible by avoiding foods with vitamin B in them for 6 months to 3 years.

Founded by Meganamy on July 27, 2010
46 members

how to beat vitamin b6 toxicity!

What is the best remedy you have found for vitamin b6 toxicity?
1 Comment
This last february I was diagnosed with vitamin b6 toxicit, four times more than nomal and I have very tingly feet; I think it started when I was taking oil of oregano as a decongestant, a neurologist I saw said to stop. I was afraid I was getting MS,so I started on a neolife stress pack containing B complex, then I had trouble even walking in the park, so my doctor did a blood test and found high b6, stoped the stress pack and started on omega 3 fish oil which really helped my allergies! Then I found out they have b6 too! Now I'm just taking d3 and a liguid calcium citrate which seems to help. also after reading your comment, Mariona, I am taking one neolife enzyme after each meal. I started two days ago and I am having alot less burning and stinging in my feet. I think the enzymes are helping me metabolize the b6.  thanks so much, missmillie901
nutrinut_bob commented on "Lyme Disease Ma...
Feb 02
Gager1 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 05
denver13 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 02