706?1280258259
Vitamin B6 Toxicity User Group
really weird blood tests, MS, B-6 toxic, high ferriting (800+), messed ...
About This Group:

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that can result in nerve damage when too much is taken in the form of supplements. B6 is found naturally in most grains such as flax and wheat. Many vitamin supplements and diet pills also contain more than the daily requirements of vitamin B6. B6 toxicity, also known as B6 overdose, is rare and most doctors are unfamiliar with it. It's becoming more common as manufacturers are adding B6 supplements to many vitamins and fortifying cereals. Symptoms commonly include a feeling of pins and needles, like nails being driven into you, generally in your hands and feet or anywhere else in your body where you've sustained nerve damage in the past. However, instead of pain, symptoms may include numbness. Either is refered to as neuropathy. Anytime you eat foods with certain forms of vitamin B in them (B1, B3, B6), your symptoms worsen for many hours. B6 toxicity is usually reversible by avoiding foods with vitamin B in them for 6 months to 3 years.

Founded by Meganamy on July 27, 2010
46 members

really weird blood tests, MS, B-6 toxic, high ferriting (800+), messed up electrolytes-body is dieing on me

Hi all, Cindy from Alaska. dx w/ MS 1/08-no insurance for ages-finally got it and my ferritin is in the 800 and b-6 is 160. I am a vegetarian-lifelong. I was taking a multi-vitamin w/out iron as 4 years ago w/ ins blood test showed high iron. I have kids, pets and am single on ssdi and am sooooo sick. I eat really well, exercise, the rest of my tests were good-heart, cholesterols, b-12, D, kidneys, liver enzymes and hormones. I am going into menopause early -overnight.Fighting multiple sclerosis is hard enough this is beyond me. ache, dizzy, cramps, weak, cog-fog,major fatigue. how or could these be related? the high ferritin and b-6 does not even make sense....I am a parent and need to function-have no money but am resourceful. what chelates b-6 and iron? phlebotomy helps latter-how about former? I am only a soial drinker at best. I feel like my body hates me. what OTC, natrupathic, homeopathic, medical step worked to ease this and improve removal? I do have an ENT, Neuro., and GP working on this but it takes long. I am ready to get  leeches...I want this blood gone. any help, ideas, advice support is welcome on forum or PM. I cannot run a house, raise kids, fight MS, iron, b-6 all alone. it's just too horrible...oh I have HBP and eighth cranial nerve damage from MS as well.
nutrinut_bob commented on "Lyme Disease Ma...
Feb 02
Gager1 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 05
denver13 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 02