Vitamin D Community
Back to the doctor tomorrow, feeling like poo still

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

This is my first post here.  I am a 38 y.o. Female. Went in for 'exhaustion, muscle weakness, feeling like I've been hit by a bus' among other things, three weeks ago.
Vitamin D level was 9. B12 was 322. TSH was 3.9. Have been prescribed 50,000 IU of D2 (ergo) once a week and sublingual B12.  I added a multivitamin and 2000 IU of D3 after some research.  
Seriously don't feel like I can live without finding some solution to how I feel. Arms and legs feel fatigued and are weak. I feel like I'm carrying around lead weights on my arms and legs. I can never get enough sleep. Friday I slept 19 of 24 hours. I'm missing tons of work. I barely function while I'm there. Can't think, prioritize, focus, or problem solve my way out of a wet paper sack. I have annoying sensations like flies crawling on my skin (arms, legs & face).
What do I tell the doctor? I think part my be thyroid but my TSH levels are normal. How long until I get some relief if it is just the vitamins?  
Suggestions, experiences, and commiserations welcome.
-CircusPhreak
For me, my labs were 9, too.  It took only about 2 weeks to feel much better.  So sorry this is happening .... your thyroid could be the culprit. but it's so hard for the docs to figure it out sometimes.

Just an off the wall thought re this statement:  

--- >I have annoying sensations like flies crawling on my skin (arms, legs & face).

Is it possible you were exposed to Lyme Disease tick? That's one of the symptoms and I had it!

C~

I would definitely pursue further testing for Lyme's disease. Your symptoms are a lot like a co-worker of mine. His thyroid was affected too! Try to see a Lyme's specialist because most PCP 's do not know enough about it!  Good Luck,
This is my first post too, I am 58 y.o and just learned of calcium and vitamin d deficiency yesterday, and it does solve a lot of mysteries, the creepy crawling sensations on skin the muscle twitches, the unbeatable fatigue ever present no matter how much sleep you get, the sore muscles and the brain fog.  Vitamin d regulates the calcium in our blood and calcium is all important for the brain, the central nervous system, muscles and the reason we feel bone pain is because the body will take calcium from the bones if theres not enough in the blood, or if there is some mal-absorption.  Seems I should have been referred to an endocrinologist, just the same old brain fog keeping me from asking the dr for that, my insurance dictates a referral be made and I, like everyone here, am curious how long it will take me to recover, and how I became deficient in the first place.  Being my age, most health care providers blow off all complaints to aging, so it was scary to think my bones and muscles were "aging" at warp speed.  I have always been an energetic type, and recently quit a really great job cuz I couldn't keep up with the overtime.  Maybe next time, hang in there, hope we can all get some answers, i'll be checking into this forum when I can...  
forgot to share I definitely have thyroid nodules, so I am expecting parathyroid tumor (no biggie, they are always benign) because the parathyroid does tweak our calcium blood levels....I had failed to follow up on the nodules, busy of course, but at lease now they are big enough for a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy....hope this gets fixed soon, I really really need some energy in my days and nights
Thank you for you comments, ideas and support.  I hadn't thought about Lyme's disease. Hadn't thought about anything but 'I must be dying'. I live in the Midwest. Sort of a middle ground of Lyme's occurrence. I will definitely read up on it.
I was back at the doctor last week. She ordered an echocardiogram just to rule out valve problems and a ultrasound of my thyroid. Apparently, despite rumors to the contrary, I have a heart and it works fine. :)  I also have a cyst the size of a clown nose on my thyroid.
Next comes more waiting. I have an appointment on the 26th with a ENT that primarily does thyroids. Hopeful that he may have some answers for me.
Also, I increased my D3 to 6,000/day on days that I'm not taking the 50,000 d2. I added a b complex to my B12. Last two days have been better than any in a long time. Must be starting to increase the levels of all of the vitamins.
Thanks again for your input. It is so nice to know it's not all in my head and I'm not the only one going through this.