Vitamin D Community
Elevated PHT, normal calcium, Low Vit D, Osteoporosis
About This Community:

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated PHT, normal calcium, Low Vit D, Osteoporosis

In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy, and radiation. Medical oncologist started me on Tamoxifen. Before starting she tested my Vitamin D, sent me for a bone density scan.  Results: Vitamin D - very low score of 17, bone density scan showed severe osteo of the spine (two years ago, I only had osteopenia). With this info, my med oncologist sent me to Mineral Metabolism for evaluation. My PHT is 96.7, calcium is 9.4. Just had the 24 hour urine test, waiting for results.   I am tired all the time, have trouble sleeping, having headaches daily.   Could this be hyperparathyroidism even though my calcium is in the "normal" range? At first I thought I was just tired from all that has happened this year and the radiation. I'm now two months post radiation and I still don't have energy.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamin D Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank