Vitamin D Community
Need help with my vitamin d problem

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Need help with my vitamin d problem

I had beed to the doctors countless times with horrible pain in my back. Never did he give me any painkillers just told me to rest an gave me some time off work and told me to take paracetamol (yeah cause that works). but the pain has spread to my arms and legs, mainly wrists and knee. The doctor did a blood test an noticed my vitamin d was very low at 17.  He gave me 20k tablets and had to take 5 a day for 3 days. Hes sending me for an x-ray on my knee as he suspects a hair line fracture. I have broken my big toe, and still no pain killers im in agony i still to go to work and look after my 4 yr old, just put on a brave face but behind close doors im crying in pain, This cant be right and now ive found out it could take upto 1yr to improve. I wake up in the night in pain im actually crying in my sleep because of it i need help but why wont the doctor give me any pain relief? he said he will look at my back once my levels are back to nomal i cant wait that long.
Danielle
How are you doing a month later?  I really hope  better. I can't see it taking a year to see total relief .. but that was for me I guess .. 2 weeks to feel a lot better and maybe a month to feel back to normal.

My level was 9

That's the other thing, 17 isn't horribly low IMHO for that kind of back pain but I'm not a doctor.

C~
You have a right to be treated for your pain.  If your doctor doesn't treat you for it (assuming there are no mitigating factors) go to another doctor!
Be careful though, taking opiods for too long of a period on a regular basis can lead to physical dependence and that is a level of hell you do not want to
experience.

Sometimes a combination of Ibuprofen and Tylenol taken before the pain sets in works as well as an opiate pain medication.