Very scared and confused about vit d..help!
I went and had blood work two weeks ago.  My vitamins level was 29.
My Dr to
He to told me to ake 2,000 iu of d3 twice a day
I called to ask if low vit d can cause aches, pains,anxiety,depression and irritability.  The Dr then increased it to 5.000 u twice a day.
I have one kidney, but the Dr said he is monitoring its function, and he is going to recheck my d level and kidney function in June.
I am scared to take such a high dose of 5,000 u d3 twice a day.
Is this too high of a dose?  Would 5,000 once a day bring it up enough?

Please help.

Hello, I have been doing so much research on vitamin d myself since i am 19 after being tested. My Dr. told me 10,000 iu for 2 weeks and then back to 5,000 i.u. I think if you take 5,000 i.u it maintains the level you are at now.
Due to the kidney issue-that i am not sure about. Most people that seem to have a deficiency are told 50,000 iu once a week i noticed.
Maybe try the 10,000 i.u and see how you feel. It looks like that you need about 7,000 i.u. everyday to get the numbers up; I am confused myself so I have been looking into this. I am at 5,000 i u right now and try to get 30 min of sunlight outside everyday without sunscreen.
I plan on going to 10,000 for 2 weeks next week. Hang in there it is tough but it does not seem like too high of a dose especially with you Dr. monitoring you. Good Luck!