Aa
A
A
Close
Very scared and confused about vit d..help!
I went and had blood work two weeks ago.  My vitamins level was 29.
My Dr to
He to told me to ake 2,000 iu of d3 twice a day
I called to ask if low vit d can cause aches, pains,anxiety,depression and irritability.  The Dr then increased it to 5.000 u twice a day.
I have one kidney, but the Dr said he is monitoring its function, and he is going to recheck my d level and kidney function in June.
I am scared to take such a high dose of 5,000 u d3 twice a day.
Is this too high of a dose?  Would 5,000 once a day bring it up enough?

Please help.

Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I have been doing so much research on vitamin d myself since i am 19 after being tested. My Dr. told me 10,000 iu for 2 weeks and then back to 5,000 i.u. I think if you take 5,000 i.u it maintains the level you are at now.
Due to the kidney issue-that i am not sure about. Most people that seem to have a deficiency are told 50,000 iu once a week i noticed.
Maybe try the 10,000 i.u and see how you feel. It looks like that you need about 7,000 i.u. everyday to get the numbers up; I am confused myself so I have been looking into this. I am at 5,000 i u right now and try to get 30 min of sunlight outside everyday without sunscreen.
I plan on going to 10,000 for 2 weeks next week. Hang in there it is tough but it does not seem like too high of a dose especially with you Dr. monitoring you. Good Luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamin D Community Resources