Vitamin D Community
Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms
About This Community:

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms

I'm 21 years old/female and for the past week I have had no appetite, fatigued, feeling weak, and like a little headache going on. I went to the doctor and my blood test came to show that I had a Vitamin D level of 7.7. I just started on 50,000 units of Vitamin D twice/week for the next 8 weeks. Does anyone else have a loss of appetite that comes with the deficiency? From what I have read many have had symptoms for a very long time and mine is only started a week ago. I guess I am lucky to only had to suffer for a week so fa but it seems like such a long recovery time that I don't know if I'll be able to handle school since the semester just started. I need some encouragement and some news that this will get better.
Related Discussions
1756321_tn?1377771734
It gets better (if you have enough magnesium). lol.  That was my problem anyway. And my high doses of vitamin D worsened my existing magnesium deficiency state! O_o After 6 months of 5000IU of vitamin D daily, sometimes up to 10 000IU daily) my levels only rose from 11.5ng/L up to 17.5ng/L. Not enough magnesium to absorb vitamin D.

I finally figured out what was wrong...a long time after that sad to say..doctors didn't have a clue (had over 50 symptom of severe magnesium deficiency!). Yay for the internet! :)  Your symptoms are noted under a vitamin D deficiency including poor appetite. There are plenty more symptoms and a long list of health problems associated with a vitamin D deficiency eg: cold, flu, osteoporosis, higher risk of cancer specifically breast, colon, and prostate, higher risk of multiple sclerosis, increased risk of death from heart disease.... One vitamin you want in optimal levels! :)

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamin D Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...