Vitamin D Community
Vitamin D Deficiency
About This Community:

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin D Deficiency

I am a 46 year old female and my blood test results came back with a 13.2 level of vitamin D which from what my doctor said is quite low. I live in Florida and spend what I feel is a normal amount of time daily in the sunshine.

When I asked him what would cause this he said that it happens as people get older (I am showing no signs of menopause). The lab results say that 35 - 100 was normal. The Dr. put me on 8,000 "whatever they are called" of Vitamin D3  a day and calcium w/D and to retest in 3 months.

I understand the supplements and the retesting but should I be a bit more concerned that there is an underlying problem?

My only other health "notes" : I had a cardiac ablation done almost a year ago from SVT and have had no issues since the ablation. Also, have had about 6 breast cysts aspirated.

Thank you for any insight you may be able to offer.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female