Vitamin D Community
Vitamin D deficiency- PLEASE HELP :)

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Vitamin D deficiency- PLEASE HELP :)

Hello- I last posted in the thyroid forum in 2005.  It is now 2013 and not a single symptom has improved.  I've had hashimotos disease since 2005.  About a year before my thyroid issues started I began having severe weakness and pain in my legs.  The pain seems to be muscular at times and in my bones at other times.  I get so weak that I am unable to stand or walk for long periods of time (sometimes only a few minutes).  I've also had muscle twitching all over my body in all muscles.  This has been going on for almost 10 years now.  Just about a month ago I found out that my vitamin D level was 17 (while taking 1000 iu daily).  I started taking 5000 iu about 3 weeks ago and yesterday decided to up it to 10,000 iu as I am anxious to see if this has been the cause of my misery for the past 10 years.  I am 30 years old- I was about 21 when all of this began and since then every moment of my life has been a struggle.  Can anyone out there relate to these symptoms? I've had the workup of a lifetime and everything else is normal.  Thyroid has been under control for years.  Do these sound like vitamin d deficiency symptoms?  I'd love to hear some positive recovery stories!  Thanks.
Please go to DR Khalsa Soram and buy his Vitamin D3. Now days vitamins are not what they say. Dr Soram has a lot of information on Vitamin D3. I have a thyroid issue and low on Vitamin D3. This doctor is integrated natural doctor. I only buy his! he was on DR OZ and well known. loony56
I'm shocked that your doctor didn't give you a prescription for Vit D.  My levels were in the double digits, and I am on 50,000 IU every other week.  It's a generic, so you could  probably get it for $4.

I doubt that it was the cause of your prior issues, but D has an effect on the immune system.  
Country Life has a good brand as does Kirkland brand by Costco.