Vitamin D Community
Vitamin D

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

Vitamin D

I am 18year old and my vitamin range is 8.4 . Is it normal?
No, that's way too low.  You need prescription supplements.  OTC won't correct numbers that low....what did your Dr. say?  If they said you didn't need help, find another doctor.
No. Speak to your doctor about a supplement. I also have low Vit D and I have cancer.
It's not usually due to something as serious as cancer.....I live in Oregon and was told that it's due to the latitude and longitude of where I live as well as the lack of sunshine here........and a poor diet.  The supplement pills had no noticable side effects and corrected my level in 12 weeks.  I've had to repeat the treatment about once a year though.  I think one thing that can be problematic is if you need surgery......they don't like you to lose much blood when you're level is that low and may need to do blood transfusions.  I wasn't to keen about that and delayed my surgery until my level was higher.  I guess if it was emergency surgery you wouldn't have that option so it's best to just stay on top of it and keep your level up.