Vitamin D3 does seem to help
I've read some posts here & found that D3 has seemed to help some. Well, after being off my supplements for a few months I thought I'd give it a try so I started back up on it yesterday. I don't know if I'm just dreaming here or what but I can actually sit and not have to keep trying to find a comfortable position to put the arm in. My symptoms aren't as bad as some that I read, but still has been painful. Anyway, I'm hoping that it will be less painful so I can sleep.
     I didn't take my Vit. D3 for two days!  I am miserable.  Will take it tomorrow as it is late in the evening and I have to take it with a meal.   Disappointed in myself because I hurt all over.

Are you taking Calcium and Vitamin C with the D3?  Supposed to work together.

Best wishes
                                    Why Vitamin D?
Your bones and life depend on it!
Many folks don’t get enough vitamin D. It’s important for bone health, hormone production and protection against cancer.
You get vitamin D from the sun and a few foods mostly deep sea cold water fatty fish.
Unless you live in the Deep South, it’s impossible to get enough vitamin D from sunlight, November through February. Vitamin D and your bones
Vitamin D improves our absorption of calcium and phosphorous, minerals essential for healthy bones. Low levels of vitamin D result in higher risk of fall and fractures.
Children with low vitamin D develop rickets. This causes bowing of the legs. Adults can develop a similar condition osteomalacia where slight bone softening causes a gnawing pain often mistaken for fibromyalgia
Vitamin D and Cancer Low vitamin D is associated with increase risk of cancers including colon, breast and prostate. Vitamin D actively inhibits the uncontrolled cell growth typical of cancer in most tissues of the body.
Adequate Vitamin D reduces risk of Type 2 diabetes and multiple sclerosis. Correcting vitamin D can reduce blood pressure.
Testing for vitamin D Make sure your doctor checks your 25-hydroxy vitamin D. Levels below 20 are deficient,
20 - 30 borderline, and 30- 50 healthy. The best month to test? November. If you’re deficient then, you’ll be severely deficient at the end of winter.
Vitamin D from the sun 10 minutes of direct sun on the face and arms 2 to 3 times a week is adequate, March through October (year round in the Deep South). Even an SPF 8 sun screen, however,
will block vitamin D production by 90%. So get some direct sun and wear sun screen the rest of the time. How much do you take?
Deficient? 50,000 units in a single capsule once a week for eight weeks works well for most. Then 50,000 units once or twice a month. The usual daily recommended amount is 800 to 1200 units. if you’re usiing 400 unit tablets. What about toxicity?
Most experts agree 5,000 to 10,000 units a day are safe. Toxicity causes absorption of too much calcium resulting in kidney stones, kidney failure and calcification of the arteries. The above recommendation is well within the safe range. What Foods Have Vitamin D?
FOOD VITAMIN D (IU) Halibut (3 oz cooked) 680 Catfish (3 oz cooked) 570
Pink Salmon, canned (1/4 cup) 400 Tuna, canned (1/4 cup) 130
Milk (1 cup) 100 Minute Maid Calcium + Vit D OJ (8 oz) 100
Important: Actual amounts of Vitamin D in some fortified products may be less than claimed.
Are you suppose to take vit d with magnesium for proper absorption or can you take it alone? My dr only gave me a rx for vit d2, 5000IU once a week. She said nothing about taking it with another supplement for absorbtion like I'm reading. My dr said to take it after a meal but I read on a comment that they took it with food. Do you know which way is right? Could you shed some light? Thanks
I made an error. It's 50,000 IU that I take once a week. Not 5000 IU.
I take that amount, too.  Seems I just don't do well with otc.  I get checked by labwork every 6 mos at the least and so far am doing well on the 50,000 iu's per week but most respond much better with otc Vit D.

C~