Vitamin D Community
WELCOME to the Vitamin D Deficiency Community!

This community is for discussions about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D topics that would be of interest to other members.

I am BluCrystal, also known as 'Blu'.  As your Community Leader, I will be available for any questions you have for me, either in the threads, or by pvt message.  I will answer you as quickly as possible, and if I don't know something, I will find the correct information for you.  Due to a pc glitch, I cannot post in the threads themselves, and use my inbox/outbox quite a bit.  I look forward to getting to know you, and please feel free to browse my profile at your leisure.  Blessings - Blu
Hi Blu,

Glad to see you here as a CL.  Looking forward to this community growing so fast!

C~
Hi Blu, I came right away to join up....Congrats on being the Community Leader....This is one subject I love reading about...

M
Hi Blu, thanks for being here to answer questions. Do you know if you were deficient and your levels got better with rx vit D2 if you would still have to take vit D forever because you were once deficient?
What I'm really asking is are you cured for life so to speak if you have been treated and the treatment worked or will your levels eventually go back down?
I've been reading this forum and am confused. Some people take D2, some D3 and others just D. It was also stated that D3 (I think) absorbs better than D2. I may have gotten these mixed up. It was also stated that you can take too much D2 but D3 is okay. What are all these D's. My blood work was taken for Vit D-Hydroxy. Is that D, D2 or D3. The dr's don't explain this stuff and I was clueless to know to ask.

Also, the dr never said to take D with Magnisium or any other supplement. Should I be taking Mag to help absorption? I'm new to this site and I'm just plain confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Crystal
Thank you for starting this community..

I literally just got the call from my doctor saying I am vitamin D deficient (level was 17.4). Doctor is calling in a prescription of Vitamin D to take once a week for a couple of weeks and then I will take it one a month for a couple of months, followed by  bloodwork to recheck my levels.  I see people mentioning about  D, D2 and D3. What's the difference?  

Also, what are the symptoms of low Vitamin D?  Is low vitamin D  the reason I am so fatigued and having joints and muscles pains, as well as other symptoms of high blood pressure, foggy thinking and memory loss, feeling sad, bloating, diarrhea and constipation ? What about pelvic pain and loss of menses?

Any insight would be helpful

I'm not a doctor but the symptoms mentioned above can be from low Vit D .. Did they check your thyroid, too ?

Sometimes all you need is a boost via prescription and then do okay on otc.

I am not sure about the difference between the D3, etc.  Wish I could better help you there.

You may want to start new posts on the community for better visibility .. they get lost in this long thread.

C~