vitamin D deficiency
I was recently diagnosed with deficiency in vitamin D, My doctor prescribed me vitamin D 1.25 mg. She said that my vitamin level is at 15% and it's supposed to be at 30 and above to be normal. my ankles get swollen I'm losing  a lot of hair  and it's very hard for me to lose weight and I don't know if this might be caused by that deficiency. I am also more concerned about it since I started reading previous post.
I will appreciate and seeking for your advice, thank you!!!
Depending on the lab, vitamin D is either measured in ng/mL or nmol/L. Vitamin D is not able to be reliably stored in the body until to reaches 50ng/mL or 125nmol/L.  The vitamin D council recommends optimal vitamin D levels of 80ng/mL or 200nmol/L.

Vitamin D deficiency symptoms do not list fluid retention, hair loss or weight gain. However these symptoms are classic hypothyroidism symptoms.  An autoimmune cause accounts for approximately 90% of adult hypothyroidism, mostly due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune hypothyroidism).

Over 98% with autoimmune thyroid disease are found to be vitamin D deficient due to defects in the receptor site for vitamin D.  More vitamin D is needed to force enough vitamin D into the receptor sites.

Thyroid tests recommended: TSH, free T3, free T4, and thyroid antibodies: thyroperoxidase antibody (TPOAb) and Thyroglobulin antibody (TgAb).
Don't forget to take magnesium with the vitamin D.  Conventional doctors fail to mention this, but it is very important to do this as it's necessary to synthesize the vitamin D.

Conventional doctors are also really good as missing thyroid illnesses unless the TSH doesn't test normally.  Only then will they test the free T3 and free T4.  This is a standard protocol and they're not interested nor are they allowed to test the free T3 and free T4 unless the TSH indicates thyroid issues.  This can still miss thyroid issues.
Thank you, I appreciate the information that both of you provided to me.  I will keep your recommendations in my mind, I'm very glad to finally find some answers to my questions,
She is Correct! Magnesium with the vitamin D (and/or direct sunlight) W/Boron is very important (the Combination of all of these are the best way to get what you body needs) It could be your body does not absorb the vitamin,so make sure it has Boron:helps you bodys bones to absorb it Also, take it throughtout the day not just at one time.PS You will see a difference in your nails within days if your body is absorbing it.(Good luck and let us know if anything helped