Vitamins & Supplements Community
Do I need a B12 Vitamin?

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Do I need a B12 Vitamin?

If I have low energy levels will B12 help with increasing my energy?  I am taking a multiple vitamin with B12 in it but it is a lower dosage.  Do I need an additional B12 supplement?
It might help, for a temporary period of time.  The best way short of injection for energy is to get a sublingual methylcobalamin.
What is sublingual methylcobalamin?  I never heard of this before.
Methylcobalamin is considered the best absorbed form of B12.  Sublingual means you take it by letting it dissolve under your tongue, speeding it into your blood much faster than taking it in other forms.
ah ok I have seen this in liquid form too but never tried it.  I was afraid it might taste gross.  Have you ever had the flavored liquid before?
I take sublingual B12 spray. It's so much better than waiting for a tablet to dissolve under the tongue! My spray tastes very nice. Mint flavoured. :)
Liquid has the advantage of being sublingual, and the disadvantage of usually having sugar in it and artificial ingredients and the further disadvantage of not being well protected from oxidation and of being difficult to know the dosage since it disperses in the carrier liquid.  If you like liquid, try to find one that's natural, doesn't have sugar or artificial sweeteners, and keep it well protected out of the light.