Fish Oil--Bad? Good?
Hi Folks,

I just heard on the news that fish oil is no all kinds of evil when it comes to prostate health.  I have been taking fish oil for about 5 years now and take approximately 2 grams with an Omega-3 total breakdown of 600 EHA and 400 DHA per day.  I know I know, talk to your doctor bla bla bla (and I will to be sure)  In the meantime should I trash the pills?
I personally still take it as it is good for brain and eye development of fetus and infants. I am breastfeeding and trying to get pregnant so it would be ideal for me to take it. But every situation is different.
Fish oil is oil derived from the tissues of oily fish. Fish do not actually produce omega-3 fatty acids, but instead accumulate them by consuming either microalgae or prey fish that have accumulated omega-3 fatty acids. Problems of quality have been identified in periodic tests by independent researchers of marketed supplements containing fish oil and other marine oils. These problems include contamination, inaccurate listing of EPA and DHA levels, spoilage and formulation issues.
I only say that fish oil is good for health . other oil is nothing .thats it .