Vitamins & Supplements Community

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Newbie just wanted to say hi. I am recently starting on SEDORUM for my RLS and LUMIDAY for my anxiety and depression . I have been on lexparo and zoloft most recently and want to give my body a break of all the meds.
Panic attacks, anxiety, depression and RLS are especially noted symptoms of magnesium deficiency. One study sponsored by the National Institutes of Health shows 68% of Americans are deficient in magnesium.

"The Life Extension Foundation suggests the following nutrients may be helpful in managing RLS:

Folic acid—400 to 800 mcg daily. Take with 500 to 1000 mcg of vitamin

B12 daily in the form of methylcobalamin

Magnesium citrate—100 to 250 mg before bed, depending on the severity of the symptoms

Iron—Dosing is based on individual needs. Better forms are iron protein succinylate or iron bis-glycinate. Take with 250 to 500 mg of vitamin C to help the body absorb the iron."