Vitamins & Supplements Community
Magnesium deficient?

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Magnesium deficient?

I am 24 years old, 4' 11" ,and about 102lbs. I get stressed out easily and my anxiety is becoming more intense as I get older. My eye has been twitching for about 6 months now and has become an annoyance in my daily life. I read about Magnesium helping with stress, anxiety , and calming the nerves. I took it for the first time last night and actually felt calmer and had a good nights sleep for once. But this morning i have a mild headache and i feel an eye twitch coming on and my head just feels foggy. I do take adderall (adderrall) xr 20mg everyday and have been since i was 18. I have been slowly weening off it because i feel like the adderall (adderrall) is making me magnesium deficient. Anyways to add to all this my hormones are out of whack causing me to get mad easily or cry. Also Ive been struggling with acne, when I have never had acne problems in my life. I am wondering if there is anyone else out there with similar problems like I have and if you have ANY advice to give me.
I'm going to make this simple for you buy the book Grain Brain and read it!!!
Magnesium is the main nutrient required by the body. Its deficiency causes many diseases stress, depression, anxiety and many more. It overcome the deficiency of magnesium it is required to fulfil the amount of magnesium in our body. Dietary sources which can overcome the magnesium deficiency are whole grains, legumes, vegetables like squash, broccoli and green leafy vegetables. Seeds and almonds are also great source of magnesium.